James Gandolfini's Body Arrives in New Jersey
UPDATED: The funeral for the late "Sopranos" star will be held Thursday in New York City.
James Gandolfini's body arrived in New Jersey on Sunday night, HBO has confirmed.
Although a Gandolfini family spokesman initially said the Sopranos star would be flown to his native state on Monday, media outlets including TMZ reported that the plane carrying Gandolfini landed at Newark airport at about 9 p.m. Eastern time.
Gandolfini, 51, died last Wednesday while on vacation in Italy with his family. Hospital officials in Rome confirmed in an autopsy that the cause of death was a cardiac arrest. His funeral will be held Thursday at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in Manhattan at 10 a.m.
HBO had no further details on the services.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR