James Gandolfini's Funeral to be Held Thursday
UPDATED: The service for "The Sopranos" actor will take place at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in Manhattan.
The funeral service for actor James Gandolfini will be held Thursday at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in Manhattan at 10 a.m., HBO confirmed in a statement.
A plane carrying the Sopranos actor's body landed at Newark airport in New Jersey on Sunday night.
A spokesperson for the Gandolfini family, Michael Kobold, initially stated that Sopranos actor's remains would be returned to the U.S. from Italy on Monday evening. "The provisional plan is to depart Rome tomorrow afternoon and arrive in the U.S. in the evening," Kobold said Sunday.
Gandolfini, 51, died Wednesday while on vacation in Italy with his family. Hospital officials in Rome confirmed in an autopsy that the cause of death was a cardiac arrest.
"We are all devastated by this loss. James was a devoted husband, a loving father of two children, a brother and cousin you could always count on. We thank you for the privacy you have afforded us during this difficult time," read a previous Gandolfini family statement by Kobold.
The actor is survived by his wife, Deborah Lin, and two children.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"