James Goldston Named Senior Executive Producer of 'Good Morning America'
The 'Nightline' exec producer replaces Jim Murphy who left for Anderson Cooper's daytime program.
James Goldston has been named senior executive producer of ABC’s Good Morning America. He replaces Jim Murphy, who held the job since 2006 and is leaving the helm Anderson Cooper’s upcoming daytime program.
Goldston has been the executive producer of ABC’s Nightline. His stock at the news division has steadily risen as he successfully shepherded the late-night news program through a format transition in the wake of anchor Ted Koppel’s retirement.
Tom Cibrowski will continue as executive producer of GMA. Jeanmarie Condon has been upped from Nightline senior producer to executive producer, taking over for Goldston.
Both appointments are effective immediately.
In an email to ABC News staff, Ben Sherwood, president of ABC News, called Goldston a “formidable journalist, storyteller and leader.”
“Against all odds and speculation that Nightline's best days had come and gone, James and his dynamic team and irrepressible anchors have turned the program into a powerhouse,” wrote Sherwood.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emma Roberts Wants to See More 'True Detective'!
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!