James Holmes to Plead Not Guilty in Colorado Theater Shooting (Report)
The suspect in the July 20 shooting, which killed 12 and wounded 58, is pleading insanity, according to the Denver Post.
James Holmes will plead not guilty by reason of insanity in the July 20 movie theater shooting that killed 12 and injured 70 in Aurora, Colo., according to the Denver Post.
In a filing Tuesday, Holmes’ lawyers wrote they intend to “tender a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity,” the Post reports.The former University of Colorado student is charged in the shooting at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises. Police caught Holmes outside Aurora's Century 16 theater wearing body armor and a gas mask. A search of his nearby apartment uncovered booby traps and bombs. He's been charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder and 116 counts of attempted murder, and faces the death penalty.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR