James Marsden and Wife Lisa Linde Divorcing
The actors have been married 11 years and have two children.
Straw Dogs star James Marsden and his wife are ending their 11-year marriage. Lisa Linde cited irreconcilable differences in divorce papers filed last week.
She is seeking spousal support and joint legal and physical custody of their two children, reports People.
"This was a mutual decision. They are committed to raising their kids together and remain great friends," a rep told TMZ.
The Marsdens were married on July 22, 2000. Their children Jack and Mary are 10 and six years old, respectively.
While she filed and signed the divorce papers as Mary Elizabeth Marsden, the actor's wife seeks to have her name legally restored to her professional name, Lisa Linde.
According to court documents, the couple separated on Sept. 12.
Linde is the daughter of country music songwriter Dennis Linde, who wrote Elvis Presley's "Burning Love."
Marsden is currently on screens in the Straw Dogs remake, and is in production on the comedy Bachelorette, opposite Kirsten Dunst. His other credits include Hop, X-Men, and The Notebook, in which he played Rachel McAdams' fiance.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR