James Marsden in Early Talks to Replace Paul Walker in 'Best of Me'
Michelle Monaghan remains the female lead of Relativity's romance movie.
James Marsden is in early talks to step into the role originally held by Paul Walker in Relativity’s adaptation of the Nicholas Sparks novel The Best of Me.
This marks the second Walker project to find its new lead Thursday as the town gets back to work after its winter holiday break; Rupert Friend earlier in the day closed a deal to star in Agent 47 for Fox International.
Walker died in a car crash Nov. 30.
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Marsden has the offer and is just beginning negotiations.
The Best of Me follows a pair of former high school sweethearts who reunite after many years when they both return to their small North Carolina hometown. The story tracks the couple both as adults and students and has Michelle Monaghan on board as the female star.
Michael Hoffman will direct the film, which is being produced by Ryan Kavanaugh, Theresa Park and Sparks.
Marsden is coming off appearances in last year's Anchorman 2, Lee Daniels' The Butler and 2 Guns.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!