James Murdoch Among Top Executives Set for Barcelona Cable Summit
He will join others next month in debating new challenges in the pay TV world.
SARAJEVO -- Senior executives from cable, content and pay-TV suppliers including James Murdoch of 21st Century Fox and Mike Fries, president and CEO of John Malone's international cable company Liberty Global will be speaking at the 10th anniversary EuroSummit '13 of industry marketing body CTAM in Barcelona next month.
The annual conference brings together the industry's marketing, sales and customer care leaders and is organized by Budaspest-based CTAM Europe.
Murdoch, who is the youngest son of Rupert Murdoch, is deputy COO and chairman and CEO, international of 21st Century Fox.
Murdoch stood down as chairman of New Groups Newspapers, the holding company for British newspapers The Sun, News of the World and Times Newspapers Ltd in November 2011 during the phone hacking scandal. Since February 2012 his brief for 21st Century Fox parent company News Corp has been to focus on the company's international TV business.
He and Fries will be interviewed on the second day of the conference by CNN anchor Nina Dos Santos, where they will talk about the key challenges facing the industry in a world where content is now delivered across a vast array of different electronic platforms.
Other speakers at the Rey Juan Carlos 1 Hotel, September 19-20, include Ben Verwaayen, former CEO of BT and Alcatel Lucent and Don Tapscott, a writer on industry economics.
Those chairing the sessions include leading media commentator Ray Snoddy, CNN anchor Kate Bulkley and BBC business and travel presenter Aaron Heslehurst.
The conference will address issues that include the impact of the digital revolution on business and society and how these affect cable and media businesses; a CEO forum, where investors and cable CEOs will talk about the business; and sessions such as “TV Everywhere Update: What's Trending in Europe?” and “Small and Medium Enterprises – untapped potential for Cable?”
The summit also includes the presentation of the 2013 Creative Awards Program (CAP) Ceremony for the best marketing campaigns that have built or sustained strong brands.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)