James Pritchett Dies at 88
He played Dr. Matt Powers on the NBC soap, "The Doctors," for nearly two decades.
James Pritchett, who played Dr. Matt Powers on the NBC soap opera The Doctors for almost two decades, died March 15 at his home in New York. He was 88.
Before The Doctors — which aired from 1963-82 — Pritchett appeared in the CBS soap As the World Turns and later on Guiding Light, another CBS daytime serial.
The North Carolina native also appeared on Broadway in such shows as King Lear, Two for the Seesaw, Sail Away and Summer and Smoke. He played the wheelchair-bound poet Nonno in the Hartford Stage production of Night of the Iguana by Tennessee Williams.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR