James Spader Joining Tommy Lee Jones, Meryl Streep in 'The Homesman' (Exclusive)
Jones co-wrote the script and is directing the period drama, which also stars Hilary Swank and John Lithgow.
Three-time Emmy winner James Spader will reteam with his Lincoln co-star Tommy Lee Jones for another movie set in mid-1800s America, The Homesman.
Jones co-wrote the script and is directing the movie, assembling a cast that includes Hilary Swank, John Lithgow, Tim Blake Nelson and Meryl Streep.
Set in 1855 Nebraska, the story tells of a frontier woman and a claim jumper who ferry a wagonload of women, driven insane by the harsh world of the frontier, eastward to Iowa and back to the civilized world.
While details of Spader's role are being played close to the vest, it is known he will play a swindler.
The movie, being financed and co-produced by EuropaCorp, is due to shoot this spring in New Mexico.
Spader is repped by ICM Partners and Ziffren Brittenham.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR