James Van Der Beek joins 'Mercy'
'Dawson's' alum to play womanizing doctor
"Dawson's Creek" alum James Van Der Beek has joined the cast of NBC's freshman medical drama "Mercy."
In a major recurring role that could become regular, he will play the hospital's new womanizing ICU chief who harbors a dark secret.
Van Der Beek also has recurred on the CW's "One Tree Hill."
"Mercy," which chronicles the lives of several nurses, has been picked up for a full season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed