James Van Der Beek joins 'Mercy'
'Dawson's' alum to play womanizing doctor
"Dawson's Creek" alum James Van Der Beek has joined the cast of NBC's freshman medical drama "Mercy."
In a major recurring role that could become regular, he will play the hospital's new womanizing ICU chief who harbors a dark secret.
Van Der Beek also has recurred on the CW's "One Tree Hill."
"Mercy," which chronicles the lives of several nurses, has been picked up for a full season.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!