Jamie Babbit to Direct HBO's Lorne Michaels Comedy Pilot (Exclusive)
The half-hour project from Diallo Riddle and Bashir Salahuddin stars the duo as two reporters trying to make it big in Atlanta.
Veteran TV director Jamie Babbit has signed on to helm HBO's half-hour comedy pilot from writer/executive producers Diallo Riddle and Bashir Salahuddin and exec producer Lorne Michaels.
The as-yet-untitled project was written by Riddle and Salahuddin, who also star as 30-year-old reporters trying to make it big in Atlanta.
The pilot is set to shoot in Atlanta in September.
Riddle and Salahuddin, former writers and performers on NBC's Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, also serve as executive producers alongside Late Night EP Michaels and showrunner Dave Flebotte.
Babbit's helming credits include numerous episodes of Gilmore Girls, Drop Dead Diva and Popular, along with multiple episodes of Revenge, Rizzoli & Isles, Alias, Nip/Tuck, Gossip Girl and Bunheads. Her resume also includes producing credits on Drop Dead Diva and Popular.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram