Jamie Dornan To Star Opposite Gillian Anderson In TV Drama 'The Fall' for BBC TV
Serial killer thriller to air on BBC Two; produced by Emmy winners Gub Neal and Allan Cubitt.
LONDON -- Northern Irish actor Jamie Dornan, whose credits include a turn in Sofia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette, will star opposite Gillian Anderson in psychological thriller TV drama The Fall for BBC TV.
Dornan will star as a serial killer who stalks his victims in and around Belfast with Anderson as a high-achieving detective parachuted in from the Metropolitan police force to catch him.
Produced by Artists Studio and written by Allan Cubitt (Prime Suspect), the five episodes will follow the police investigation uncovering the story of the lives entangled by a series of murders - both the killers’ and the victims’ families.
BBC drama commissioning controller Ben Stephenson described The Fall as a “unique, forensic and characterful take on a classic genre”.
It will air on BBC Two.
Artists Studio was set up by JustinThomson-Glover, Gub Neal and Patrick Irwin.
Neal and Julian Stevens will produce with Cubitt and Thomson-Glover and Patrick Irwin will take exec producer roles.
Neal and Cubitt both won Primetime Emmy’s for their work on Prime Suspect 2 and 5.
The show was commissioned by BBC Two controller Janice Hadlow and Stephenson and will be executive produced by Stephen Wright through BBC Northern Ireland.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!