Jamie Foxx: Winning BET Award Is 'Better Than the Oscar'
10:30 AM PST 2/22/2011 by Mark Cina
He gets choked up after being named 2011 Entertainer at the awards show Monday.
Winning an Academy Award is considered a career highlight for most actors.But Jamie Foxx, who scored a Best Actor Oscar for playing Ray Charles in 2004's Ray, says being recognized at The BET Honors is his greatest achievement. Foxx was among the nominees, who included Cicely Tyson, jazz legend Herbie Hancock, supermodel and philanthropist Iman, historian Lonnie Busch and publisher Linda Johnson Rice. He received the award for 2011 Entertainer from Cedric the Entertainer during the ceremony which aired Monday night. "As I was watching everyone that came up before me, I was like, 'What am I doing up here?'" Foxx joked during his acceptance speech. "It lets me know I've got a long way to go. You're all eloquent and brilliant. It's better than the Oscar."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack