Jane Alexander to Play Queen Elizabeth in Hallmark's 'William & Kate' Movie (Exclusive)
The telefilm, which chronicles the love story of Prince William and Kate Middleton, goes into production May 11 in Bucharest.
Emmy winner Jane Alexander has been cast as Queen Elizabeth in Hallmark Channel's original movie about Prince William and his soon-to-be-bride, Kate Middleton.
The telefilm, titled William & Kate: A Royal Love Story, is set to go into production May 11 in Bucharest. It premieres at 9 p.m. Aug. 13, just a couple weeks ahead of the 14-year anniversary of the death of William's mother, Princess Diana.
The movie tells the love story of William and Middleton, from their time as students at St. Andrews, William's military training at Sandhurst Military Academy, their break-up, their engagement and royal advice from the queen, William's grandmother.
Linda Yellen, who executive produced the TV movie The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana for CBS in 1982, wrote and will produce the biopic.
Alexander has been nominated for seven Emmys, winning for her roles in HBO's Warm Springs in 2005 and CBS' Playing for Time in 1980. She also is a four-time Oscar nominee for roles in such films as Kramer vs. Kramer and All the President's Men.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR