Jane Campion Heads to MIPCOM
The Oscar-winning director will attend the international television market to talk abut her new TV series "Top of the Lake."
TORONTO - Oscar-winning director Jane Campion will attend the international television market MIPCOM next month to talk about her first small-screen foray, the new series Top of the Lake.
The New Zealand helmer will participate in MIPCOM's Creative Talks sessions together with Gerard Lee, the co-writer and co-creator of Top of the Lake.
The television drama is set in New Zealand and focuses on a police investigation into the disappearance of the pregnant 12-year-old daughter of a local drug lord. Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss stars together with Holly Hunter, Peter Mullan, David Wenham and Cohen Holloway. Emile Sherman and Iain Canning of See-Saw Films, the team behind The King's Speech and Shame, are executive producing the series with backing from the BBC, UKTV, The Sundance Channel and BBC Worldwide. Screen Australia, Screen NSW and Flucrum Media Finance all provided financial backing.
MIPCOM runs Oct. 8-11 in Cannes, France.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game