Jane Espenson, Liz Tigelaar Join ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time’
The duo join the producing team on the Snow White drama set for fall.
Jane Espenson and Liz Tigelaar have come aboard ABC’s new drama Once Upon a Time. Espenson will co-executive produce, while Tigelaar will serve as a consulting producer.
Espenson, who penned 10 episodes of Starz’s upcoming Torchwood: Miracle Day, also wrote a recent installment of HBO’s Game of Thrones. Her credits include Warehouse 13 and Caprica, in addition to Buffy the Vampire Slayer and several other Joss Whedon series.
Tigelaar is best known for writing and creating the CW’s short-lived teen drama Life Unexpected, which wrapped its second and final season in January.
Set in a world where fairy tales are real, Once Upon a Time stars Ginnifer Goodwin (Big Love) as Snow White and Jennifer Morrison (House) as her long-lost daughter. Robert Carlyle and Josh Dallas co-star as Rumplestiltskin and Prince Charming, respectively.
Lost writers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz penned the pilot for Once Upon a Time, and will exec produce with Steve Pearlman (V). Mark Mylod (Entourage) directed the pilot.
Espenson is repped by CAA and Hansen Jacobson Teller Hoberman. Tigelaar is repped by WME.
Once Upon a Time bows Sundays this fall at 8 p.m.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills