Jane Fonda Skipped Ted Turner's 75th Birthday Party
But Al Gore and Turner Broadcasting CEO Phil Kent joined 600 other guests for jokes from Jay Leno at the Atlanta bash on Nov. 23.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 13 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Ted Turner might still be Jane Fonda's favorite ex-husband, but the busy actress wasn't able to attend Turner's big 75th birthday bash in Atlanta on Nov. 23 -- where Al Gore, Turner Broadcasting CEO Phil Kent, Colorado environmentalist and Turner date Sally Ranney, Spanx founder Sara Blakely and 600 other guests (including Turner's five children and 13 grandchildren) were entertained by Jay Leno and got framed shots of them with Ted as parting gifts.
Surprising, considering Fonda was the life of the party at Turner's last birthday extravaganza, his 70th. (He attended her 70th as well.) Turns out she had priors, so the former happily-marrieds and apparently happier-divorcees celebrated privately the week before. "He knew she had a ton of travel and couldn't attend -- and he also knows she loves him," a Fonda insider tells THR.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR