Jane Lynch to Host 2014 Directors Guild Awards
The "Glee" star will lead the Jan. 25 event.
Jane Lynch has been tapped as host of the 66th annual Directors Guild Awards.
The Glee star will lead the Jan. 25, 2014, event, honoring directorial achievement in film, TV, commercials and documentaries, held at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
"We are thrilled to welcome Jane Lynch as host of the DGA Awards for the very first time," said DGA president Paris Barclay. "I have known Jane for years, and have envied her quick wit -- and her extraordinary height. She always makes the job of directing her a joy, and I look forward to her helping us honor the year's best in film and television."
Lynch currently stars on Glee as Sue Sylvester, a role for which she has earned an Emmy and Golden Globe. Other TV credits include Party Down, The L Word and Two and a Half Men. Film credits include A.C.O.D., Wreck-It Ralph, Three Stooges, For Your Consideration, Best in Show and Role Models.
Nominations for feature film will be announced Jan. 7, while nominations for TV and commercials will be unveiled Jan. 9. Nominations for documentaries will be announced Jan. 13.
The DGA Award for directorial achievement in feature film has traditionally served as an indicator for who will win the best director Oscar.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR