Jane Lynch to Host 2014 Directors Guild Awards
The "Glee" star will lead the Jan. 25 event.
Jane Lynch has been tapped as host of the 66th annual Directors Guild Awards.
The Glee star will lead the Jan. 25, 2014, event, honoring directorial achievement in film, TV, commercials and documentaries, held at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
"We are thrilled to welcome Jane Lynch as host of the DGA Awards for the very first time," said DGA president Paris Barclay. "I have known Jane for years, and have envied her quick wit -- and her extraordinary height. She always makes the job of directing her a joy, and I look forward to her helping us honor the year's best in film and television."
Lynch currently stars on Glee as Sue Sylvester, a role for which she has earned an Emmy and Golden Globe. Other TV credits include Party Down, The L Word and Two and a Half Men. Film credits include A.C.O.D., Wreck-It Ralph, Three Stooges, For Your Consideration, Best in Show and Role Models.
Nominations for feature film will be announced Jan. 7, while nominations for TV and commercials will be unveiled Jan. 9. Nominations for documentaries will be announced Jan. 13.
The DGA Award for directorial achievement in feature film has traditionally served as an indicator for who will win the best director Oscar.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party