Jane Lynch to Host 2014 Directors Guild Awards
The "Glee" star will lead the Jan. 25 event.
Jane Lynch has been tapped as host of the 66th annual Directors Guild Awards.
The Glee star will lead the Jan. 25, 2014, event, honoring directorial achievement in film, TV, commercials and documentaries, held at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles.
"We are thrilled to welcome Jane Lynch as host of the DGA Awards for the very first time," said DGA president Paris Barclay. "I have known Jane for years, and have envied her quick wit -- and her extraordinary height. She always makes the job of directing her a joy, and I look forward to her helping us honor the year's best in film and television."
Lynch currently stars on Glee as Sue Sylvester, a role for which she has earned an Emmy and Golden Globe. Other TV credits include Party Down, The L Word and Two and a Half Men. Film credits include A.C.O.D., Wreck-It Ralph, Three Stooges, For Your Consideration, Best in Show and Role Models.
Nominations for feature film will be announced Jan. 7, while nominations for TV and commercials will be unveiled Jan. 9. Nominations for documentaries will be announced Jan. 13.
The DGA Award for directorial achievement in feature film has traditionally served as an indicator for who will win the best director Oscar.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws