Jane Lynch Reponds to Ed O'Neill's Negative Remarks
The “Modern Family” actor, who has never been nominated for an Emmy, had said the “Glee” star’s character was “one-note.”
Jane Lynch is responding to Ed O’Neill’s comments that she didn’t deserve her Emmy this year for her work on Glee.
The actress, who took home the supporting actress statuette for her portrayal of cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, was the target of several insults thrown by the Modern Family star this week.
When asked by E! to comment on the actor’s remarks that Lynch’s character was “one-note” and that his co-star Sofia Vergara was far more deserving of the Emmy, Lynch’s rep had this to say: “Thanks for being republished. But let it go, that’s what we’re doing.”
O’Neill had said about Vergara: “Sofia is just so, so funny. I don’t think people realize how hilarious she is. She’s so sharp with her wit, it’s amazing.”
O’Neil, who also starred in the long-running sitcom Married With Children, has never been nominated for an Emmy. He was the only adult cast member on Modern Family not to be nominated this year.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Seth Meyers To Host 2014 Emmy Awards On August 25
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services