Janet Jackson Confirms Marriage to Qatari Billionaire
"We would appreciate that our privacy is respected," the singer and her husband, Wissam Al Mana, said in a joint statement.
After months of denying rumors, Janet Jackson finally has confirmed that she has been secretly married for months to Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana.
"The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true," the couple told Entertainment Tonight in a statement Monday. "Last year we were married in a quiet, private and beautiful ceremony."
This is not the first time the singer has tried to keep her wedded bliss a secret. Jackson also attempted to keep her two previous marriages -- the first to R&B singer James DeBarge and the second to music video director Rene Elizondo -- out of the public eye.
Jackson and Al Mana, who began dating in summer 2010, also said, "Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children's charities."
They added, "We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR