Janet Jackson Confirms Marriage to Qatari Billionaire
"We would appreciate that our privacy is respected," the singer and her husband, Wissam Al Mana, said in a joint statement.
After months of denying rumors, Janet Jackson finally has confirmed that she has been secretly married for months to Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana.
"The rumors regarding an extravagant wedding are simply not true," the couple told Entertainment Tonight in a statement Monday. "Last year we were married in a quiet, private and beautiful ceremony."
This is not the first time the singer has tried to keep her wedded bliss a secret. Jackson also attempted to keep her two previous marriages -- the first to R&B singer James DeBarge and the second to music video director Rene Elizondo -- out of the public eye.
Jackson and Al Mana, who began dating in summer 2010, also said, "Our wedding gifts to one another were contributions to our respective favorite children's charities."
They added, "We would appreciate that our privacy is respected and that we are allowed this time for celebration and joy."
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!