Jani Lane Autopsy Inconclusive; Toxicology Report Pending
The former Warrant singer was found dead on Thursday at 47-years old.
No official cause has been named in the death of former Warrant singer Jani Lane.
An autopsy of the late 47-year old was performed on Friday with inconclusive results, the International Business Times reports. Toxicology tests are still pending and could take seven to eight weeks to finalize.
Lane was found dead in a Woodland Hills motel room Thursday night. According to police sources, alcohol and prescription drugs were found in the room, though there is no indication of suicide.
The singer had a history of alcohol-related arrests. He was taken into custody in June 2009 for reporting crashing into a parked car. He pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI and was put on probation for three years.
A year later, he was arrested for a similar incident that landed him in jail for 120 days.
Lane (born John Kennedy Oswald) also served as the lyricist and main songwriter for Warrant. He joined the band in 1986, two years after its formation by guitarist Erik Turner.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!