Jani Lane's Death: Slash Calls It a 'Shame'
"RIP Man," Slash says of the Warrant singer.
Slash is saddened to hear about Warrant singer Jani Lane's death.
"Just heard about Jani Lane. What a shame. RIP man," Slash Tweeted.
He's not the only rocker who has left condolences about Lane's death.
“We'd like to offer our deepest condolences to the family of Jani Lane regarding their loss,” wrote former bandmate Bret Michaels. “Respectfully, Bret and all at MEGI.”
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx tweeted: "I just heard the sad news about Janie Lane. So hard to swallow when people have kids. RIP."
Lane’s body was found at the Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills on Thursday night, but no cause of death has been released.
The singer had a history of alcohol-related arrests. He was taken into custody in June 2009 for reporting crashing into a parked car. He pleaded no contest to misdemeanor DUI and was put on probation for three years.
A year later, he was arrested for a similar incident that landed him in jail for 120 days.
Lane wrote and sang several hits for the group, including “Cherry Pie,” “I Saw Red” and “Down Boys.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR