January Jones joins Nicolas Cage thriller
'Hungry Rabbit Jumps' will begin shooting in December
January Jones is jumping with rabbits.
The "Mad Men" star has been cast to play the female lead opposite Nicolas Cage in vigilante thriller "The Hungry Rabbit Jumps." The move follows her casting in the thriller "Unknown White Male."
"Rabbit" is slated to begin shooting in early December, giving Jones enough of a window before the late-January start of "Unknown White Male."
Endgame's James Stern is producing the $30 million-budgeted "Rabbit" along with Tobey Maguire and executive producer Jenno Topping of Maguire Entertainment as well as veteran indie producer Ram Bergman.
The film centers on a man (Cage) who, after a crime is perpetrated on his wife, gets more than he bargained for when he enlists a vigilante group to help him settle the score. Jones will play the wife. "It's a very meaty role," Stern said, "not just reactive, but active."
Roger Donaldson is attached to direct from Robert Tanen's script.
The ICM-and Mosiac-repped Jones is best known for playing the seductive suburban mother on Betty Draper on "Mad Men." She has had bit small roles in features but never played a feature lead part. The actress, who is gaining notoriety for a splashy spread in the current issue of GQ, has a role in Focus' upcoming "Pirate Radio" and also had a part in the sports tear-jerker "We Are Marshall."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR