Jasmine Madatian Joins the Academy as Managing Director, Communications
A former executive at Disney and Paramount, she will oversee the organization's publicity and corporate communications campaigns.
Jasmine Madatian is joining the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in the newly created position of managing director, communications. She will report to chief marketing officer Christina Kounelias, who announced her hiring Tuesday.
Madatian, who is currently working on FilmDistrict’s Safety Not Guaranteed campaign, will oversee all of the Academy's publicity and corporate communications campaigns, including the Academy Awards, as well as outreach for the organization's year-round programming, education, preservation and other key initiatives.
She previously served as senior vp publicity, promotions and field marketing for the Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Group. Prior to joining Disney, Madatian spent eight years as senior vp publicity and promotions at Paramount Pictures, and before that, she held executive positions at Fox.
"Jasmine is a smart, innovative and highly regarded communications strategist with strong relationships throughout the film and media industry," Kounelias said. "Her understanding of our mission and enthusiasm for the Academy is what really sets her apart and makes her such a great fit for this position."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film