Jason Aldean Sells Out Boston's Fenway Park in 7 Minutes
UPDATED: The country superstar also celebrates his first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 chart with “Night Train.”
Jason Aldean has a lot to celebrate.
The country superstar’s latest album, Night Train, debuted Wednesday at the top of the Billboard 200 albums chart, becoming his first No. 1 release and knocking Mumford & Sons off their throne. (The British band previously held the top spot after moving 600,000 copies of Babel in its first week of release. Selling 409,303 copies in its first week, Night Train pushed Babel to the No. 2 position on the chart this week.)
On Friday morning, Aldean recorded another milestone in his career by selling out Boston’s historic Fenway Park in just seven minutes, the quickest sell-out in the venue's history. The show, scheduled for July 13, 2013, also features special guests Miranda Lambert, Jake Owen and Thomas Rhett and will be the first country concert ever performed at the venue.
“When we started talking about playing stadiums, my only request was to play venues that were special and really meant something to me,” Aldean said in a release. “At 100 years old, Fenway Park is one of the most iconic baseball stadiums in the country and there is absolutely nothing in the world that could be more special than selling that place out… as an entertainer and as a huge baseball fan. This has been the most unbelievable week… all I can say is THANK YOU.”
Aldean’s 2013 Night Train Tour is also scheduled to stop at Chicago’s Wrigley Field and the University of Georgia’s Sanford Stadium. He will perform at his annual Concert For the Cure show to benefit Susan G. Komen on Oct. 27, as well as at the American Country Awards on Nov. 1.
Update: After news broke that the first concert had sold out, Aldean was quick to get a second show on the books. The singer has added an additional performance at Fenway Park on Friday, July 12, 2013, which will also include Lambert, Owens and Rhett.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!