Jason Derulo Tweets Photo From Hospital Bed
"My injury is called a 'Hang Man's Break' because it is the same bone that is broken when someone is hung," the hitmaker writes. "I am so blessed to still be here!"
Singer Jason Derulo, who severely fractured his neck while attempting an acrobatic move during a recent tour rehearsal, posted a photo of himself in the hospital, joking about the massive neck brace, "Like my new chain?"
The R&B hitmaker was due to kick off the UK leg of his Future History tour on Feb. 23 On Jan. 5, Derulo's label issued a statement that all tour and promotional dates had to be canceled while he recovered.
In a Facebook update posted and tweeted on Jan. 6, Derulo wrote: "My injury is called a "Hang Man's Break" because it is the same bone that is broken when someone is hung! I am so blessed to still be here! 95% of ppl with the same injury end up paralyzed or gone. Everything happens for a reason. Traumatic experiences can change you for the better. My outlook on life is so much clearer! Don't forget what's important. Life is short so do it today, tomorrow could be a day too late!"
Derulo suffered an acute fracture to his vertebra when he landed directly on his head during a challenging acrobatic maneuver. In another post, Derulo wrote: "I fractured my neck doing tumbling & acrobatics 4 tour! Always tryin 2 push boundaries 4 YOU!"
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR