Jason Momoa to Receive CinemaCon Rising Star Award
The "Stargate: Atlantis" and "Baywatch" actor will be given prize on March 31.
Stargate: Atlantis alum Jason Momoa will receive the 2011 CinemaCon Rising Star Award March 31 in Las Vegas.
Momoa got his big break on TV on Baywatch, and has since secured roles in projects like HBO's upcoming series Game of Thrones and Lionsgate's 3D Conan the Barbarian movie.
CinemaCon managing director Mitch Neuhauser said, "Bringing with him an already loyal fanbase from Stargate: Atlantis, Jason Momoa is sure to entertain audiences in the action adventure Conan the Barbarian. We can't wait to see what this new leading action star will do in the future."
CinemaCon is a convention for motion picture theater industry professionals and takes place March 28-31 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR