Jason Momoa to Receive CinemaCon Rising Star Award
The "Stargate: Atlantis" and "Baywatch" actor will be given prize on March 31.
Stargate: Atlantis alum Jason Momoa will receive the 2011 CinemaCon Rising Star Award March 31 in Las Vegas.
Momoa got his big break on TV on Baywatch, and has since secured roles in projects like HBO's upcoming series Game of Thrones and Lionsgate's 3D Conan the Barbarian movie.
CinemaCon managing director Mitch Neuhauser said, "Bringing with him an already loyal fanbase from Stargate: Atlantis, Jason Momoa is sure to entertain audiences in the action adventure Conan the Barbarian. We can't wait to see what this new leading action star will do in the future."
CinemaCon is a convention for motion picture theater industry professionals and takes place March 28-31 at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott