Jason Patric Exits 'Copperhead' Film Shoot Over Creative Differences
"The Killing's" Billy Campbell now takes the lead role in the Civil War-era drama being helmed by Ron Maxwell.
TORONTO -- Jason Patric will no longer play the lead in Copperhead.
The Killing’s Billy Campbell has replaced Patric in the Civil War-era feature from director Ron Maxwell (Gettysburg, Gods and Generals), which is shooting in Kings Landing, New Brunswick.
Campbell takes the starring role of patriarch Abner Beech after Patric left the production.
“These things happen from time to time," producer John Houston tells The Hollywood Reporter. "There was an amicable parting due to creative differences."
Copperhead also stars Angus MacFadyen in a drama about a family ripped apart by feuds during the Civil War. Bill Kauffman penned the screenplay based on a novel by Harold Frederic.
The Atlantic Canada film shoot is set to wrap at the end of June.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother