Jason Patric Exits 'Copperhead' Film Shoot Over Creative Differences
"The Killing's" Billy Campbell now takes the lead role in the Civil War-era drama being helmed by Ron Maxwell.
TORONTO -- Jason Patric will no longer play the lead in Copperhead.
The Killing’s Billy Campbell has replaced Patric in the Civil War-era feature from director Ron Maxwell (Gettysburg, Gods and Generals), which is shooting in Kings Landing, New Brunswick.
Campbell takes the starring role of patriarch Abner Beech after Patric left the production.
“These things happen from time to time," producer John Houston tells The Hollywood Reporter. "There was an amicable parting due to creative differences."
Copperhead also stars Angus MacFadyen in a drama about a family ripped apart by feuds during the Civil War. Bill Kauffman penned the screenplay based on a novel by Harold Frederic.
The Atlantic Canada film shoot is set to wrap at the end of June.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game