Jason Priestley's Directorial Debut Wins Audience Award at Whistler
"Cas & Dylan" emerges as a breakout hit at the West Coast festival after co-lead Tatiana Maslany earned a best actor trophy in the Borsos competition.
TORONTO – Jason Priestley's directorial debut, Cas & Dylan, won the audience award at the Whistler Film Festival.
Pacific Northwest Pictures plans a Canadian release for the Richard Dreyfuss and Tatiana Maslany-starring road trip comedy about a 61-year-old dying man who plans to end his life on his own terms.
That quest takes a detour when the man ends up on the lam with an eccentric 22-year-old woman.
The festival's juried Borsos competition earlier gave Maslany the best actor trophy for her star turn in Cas & Dylan, from indie producer Montefiore Films.
Whistler's breakout hit marks Priestley's directorial debut for a narrative feature after he helmed episodes of TV shows including Call Me Fitz, Haven and 90210 and a 1999 theatrical documentary about the Canadian rock band Barenaked Ladies.
Jessie Gabe (Being Erica) penned the script for Cas & Dylan, which was supported in development by Telefilm Canada.
Priestley, Gabe and Maslany are represented in Canada by the Characters Talent Agency.
Priestley is repped stateside by APA and Thruline Entertainment, with WME and Magnolia Entertainment handling Maslany.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game