Jason Roth Named Communications Director for Spotify U.S.
The PR veteran arrives at the music-streaming company after stints at iTunes and Capitol Records.
Longtime music and tech publicist Jason Roth has been named Spotify's new director of communications for the U.S., reporting to U.S. communications head Graham James.
Roth, a self-proclaimed music obsessive, will be based in San Francisco at Spotify's new offices above the city's historic Warfield Theater.
Previously, the Chicago-bred Roth had managed PR at iTunes for five years, landing at Apple's Cupertino, Calif. campus on the the day the first iPhone was released. That followed stints at Capitol Records and SPIN Magazine in New York City.
Impressively, Roth managed to represent the Beatles catalog at both their longtime U.S. label and at iTunes, which, after years of legal wrangling and anticipation, finally nabbed rights to the band's catalog in 2010.
Sweden-based music-streaming service Spotify launched in the U.S. in 2011 after several years of success in Europe.
Roth officially starts today, July 15.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR