Jason Roth Named Communications Director for Spotify U.S.
The PR veteran arrives at the music-streaming company after stints at iTunes and Capitol Records.
Longtime music and tech publicist Jason Roth has been named Spotify's new director of communications for the U.S., reporting to U.S. communications head Graham James.
Roth, a self-proclaimed music obsessive, will be based in San Francisco at Spotify's new offices above the city's historic Warfield Theater.
Previously, the Chicago-bred Roth had managed PR at iTunes for five years, landing at Apple's Cupertino, Calif. campus on the the day the first iPhone was released. That followed stints at Capitol Records and SPIN Magazine in New York City.
Impressively, Roth managed to represent the Beatles catalog at both their longtime U.S. label and at iTunes, which, after years of legal wrangling and anticipation, finally nabbed rights to the band's catalog in 2010.
Sweden-based music-streaming service Spotify launched in the U.S. in 2011 after several years of success in Europe.
Roth officially starts today, July 15.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR