Jason Schwartzman Joins Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
The Weinstein Co.'s film is based on the true story of art couple Margaret and Walter Keane, who both claimed to have painted the famous big-eyed children's paintings.
Jason Schwartzman will get artsy in Tim Burton's upcoming film, Big Eyes.
The Weinstein Co. comedic drama is based on the true story of painter Margaret Keane and her husband Walter, who took credit for his wife’s work.
Schwartzman, who starred in Rushmore, Spun, I Heart Huckabees and The Darjeeling Limited, will play a San Francisco art gallery owner named Ruben.
Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams will star as the married couple, who rose to prominence in the art world and the mainstream for paintings of big-eyed children in the '50s and '60s. Krysten Ritter and Danny Huston are also signed onto the project, which was written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski.
Schwartzman, who will be seen in the upcoming drama Saving Mr. Banks about the making of Mary Poppins, is repped by WME and attorney Warren Dern.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'