Jason Segel, Ed Helms going 'Home'
Jason Segel and Ed Helms are starring in "Jeff Who Lives at Home," a stoner comedy from Mark and Jay Duplass. The film is in the process of being set up at Paramount.
The Duplass brothers, who are writing and directing the feature, are producing with Jason Reitman via his Right of Way Films. John Malkovich's Mr. Mudd shingle is also producing.
Written by the brothers, the pic chronicles a day in the life of two brothers, one a loser (Segel) who lives at home and the other (Helms) more together but overbearing.
The role of their mother is being cast; Judy Greer is in talks to play Helms' wife.
Shooting is set to begin next month in Louisiana. Right of Way's Helen Estabrook is executive producing.
Helms (NBC's "The Office") has been making the most of his starring turn in "The Hangover." He recently wrapped Fox Searchlight's comedy "Cedar Rapids," being produced by Alexander Payne, and recently became attached to star in Universal's comedy "Central Intelligence." He is repped by CAA and Principato Young.
Segel (CBS' "How I Met Your Mother"), repped by WME and Abrams Entertainment, recently boarded the Columbia comedy "Bad Teacher," starring Cameron Diaz. He next appears on the big screen in "Gulliver's Travels," starring Jack Black, and "Despicable Me," set for a July release.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR