Jason Segel joins 'Bad Teacher' faculty
John Michael Higgins also on board as school principal
Jason Segel and John Michael Higgins are going back to school for "Bad Teacher," the Cameron Diaz comedy Jake Kasdan is directing for Columbia.
The pair is in negotiations to join the cast, which also includes Lucy Punch.
The script, by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, follows a foul-mouthed, gold-digging seventh-grade teacher who, after being dumped by her current boyfriend, sets her sights on a colleague (Punch) who is dating the school's model teacher.
Segel plays not the model teacher, who is not yet cast, but rather the gym teacher. Higgins plays the principal, a man named Wally Snur.
Jimmy Miller is producing the feature, which starts filming next month in Los Angeles.
Segel, one of the stars of "How I Met Your Mother," was last seen on the big-screen in "I Love You, Man" and next appears in "Gulliver's Travels" with Jack Black. He is repped by WME and Abrams Entertainment.
Higgins, repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment, is a master thief in the scene stealing world, with small but juicy roles in movies like "Couples Retreat," "The Ugly Truth" and "The Break-Up."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR