'The Muppets' Cast Becomes Part of the 'Mahna Mahna Phenomahna' (Video)
Rashida Jones, Neil Patrick Harris and Sarah Silverman join Kermit the Frog and others on the song, which previously made appearances on "The Muppet Show" and "Sesame Street."
Muppet fans, ready for a bit of nostalgia?
Disney has released a new clip promoting a website touting its upcoming movie The Muppets that features the catchy "Mahna Mahna" song.
As viewers of Sesame Street and the 1976-81 series The Muppet Show will recall, the song kicks off with two unusual-looking Muppet girls singing the song only to be constantly interrupted by a shaggy-haired male Muppet who keeps popping by to chime in with "Mahna Mahna."
(The song was performed on both Jim Henson-created shows. Incidentally, it was originally written by Piero Umiliani and appeared in the Italian film Sweden: Heaven and Hell.)
In the new version, Muppets co-stars Rashida Jones and Kristen Schaal along with Neil Patrick Harris, Sarah Silverman and Modern Family's Rico Rodriguez, who all have cameos in the movie, get caught up in the "Mahna Mahna" spirit.
The clip is actually promoting a website tie-in, MuppetsMahnaMahna.com, where fans can upload clips of themselves singing the song.
The Muppets, directed by James Bobin and starring Jason Segel (who co-wrote the screenplay with Nicholas Stoller) and Amy Adams, hits theaters Wednesday.
Watch the clip -- and the original -- below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR