Javier Bardem Confirms Talks to Play James Bond's Nemesis
1:00 PM PST 2/2/2011 by THR staff
Javier Bardem - who won as Oscar for his role as a scary hit man in 2007's No Country for Old Men -- says he recently met with director Sam Mendes to talk about playing the villain in the MGM's next James Bond film.Though he hasn't agreed to take on the role - he wants to read the screenplay first - he tells the Los Angeles Times, “I’m a huge fan of the James Bond saga. When I was little, I went watching Mr. Connery doing James Bond with my father. Who in the world would think I’d be in one of those movies?” He said his conversation with Mendes was "very intriguing." “They’re changing the whole thing, the whole dynamic,” he says. “I’d be playing Bond’s nemesis, yes, but it’s not that obvious. Everything is more nuanced." Temporarily titled James Bond 23, the movie is set for a Nov. 9, 2012, release.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR