Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz wed in Bahamas
Spanish actors join ranks of Oscar-winning married couples
LOS ANGELES -- Spanish actors Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz have joined the ranks of Oscar-winning married couples after tying the knot in the Bahamas earlier this month, according to several celebrity magazines on Tuesday.
The family-only ceremony took place at a friend's house, the magazine reports said. Cruz wore a John Galliano dress. It was not clear when the nuptials occurred.
The actors, each marrying for the first time, started dating in 2007. Cruz, 36, who previously dated Tom Cruise, won an Academy Award in 2009 for her supporting role in "Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Bardem, 41, won his statuette a year earlier for "No Country For Old Men."
They joined a select club of Oscar-winning couples, including Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones, Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, Joel Coen and Frances McDormand, and songwriters Alan and Marilyn Bergman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR