Name of Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz's Son Revealed
According to Spanish director and family friend Santiago Segura, the couple's child has is named Leo.
MADRID -- The best-kept secret in Spain is out.
Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz’s son’s name is Leo, according to a slip of the tongue by Spanish director and family friend Santiago Segura.
“I know what you want and you don’t understand why they don’t come running to show off the baby and say, ‘Look, here’s Leo.' You’re a bunch of busybodies,” Segura blurted out when questioned by journalists why the couple shies away from the press.
Realizing his error, Segura then said “Yeah, Leo. I think so. That’s what I think I heard. But they haven’t said anything.”
According to Spanish news reports, the baby’s full name is Leo Encinas Cruz, as is Spanish custom to use both the father and mother’s last names. Encinas is Bardem’s father’s last name, though he prefers to use his mother’s last name, Bardem.
Cruz gave birth at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles on Jan. 22.
The baby’s name could not be confirmed late Tuesday in Spain.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera