Javor Gardev to Direct Greek Mythology Epic ‘Theseus’
“Avatar” character designer Joseph C. Pepe will design the mythic monsters for the picture, which Kalliope Films will produce.
COLOGNE, Germany – Bulgarian director Javor Gardev (Zift) will helm Theseus, a special effects-heavy take on the Greek myth of the minotaur monster and the hero who defeated it, for Kalliope Films.
Theseus will be Gardev’s follow-up to his critically acclaimed debut Zift (2008), which won several prizes, including the best director honor at the Moscow International Film Festival. Gardev returned to the Moscow festival this year, where he is serving as a member of the competition jury.
Kalliope Films’ head Kira Madallo Sesay wrote the script to Theseus and will produce.
Kalliope, whose credits include the upcoming Hansel and Gretel in 3D, another high-tech update of a classic tale, have assembled an impressive tech team for Theseus. Joseph C. Pepe, the lead character designer on James Cameron’s Avatar, will design the mythic monsters for Theseus while the film’s visual effects will be handled by veteran visual effects producer Korey Cauchon (Spider-Man 2, Sucker Punch).
Kalliope is currently casting the film’s lead, the titular hero Theseus.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR