Jay Baruchel Joining Bradley Cooper in Cameron Crowe's Romantic Comedy (Exclusive)
The cast of the untitled movie already includes Emma Stone and Rachel McAdams.
Jay Baruchel is boarding the all-star cast of Cameron Crowe's untitled romantic comedy set up at Columbia.
Baruchel joins a cast that includes Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Rachel McAdams, Danny McBride and Alec Baldwin.
Crowe wrote the script and is directing the tale of a defense contractor (Cooper) who is overseeing a weapons satellite launch from Hawaii and teams up with (and falls for) an Air Force pilot (Stone) to scuttle the launch. Mystical island forces and a talking computer also play a part.
In a supporting role, Baruchel is playing Cooper's step brother.
Scott Rudin is producing.
Baruchel last starred with Seth Rogen and James Franco in Columbia's postapocalyptic comedy This Is the End, which he also co-produced. He will be seen in MGM's Robocop remake next year and also reprises his voice role as Hiccup in How to Train Your Dragon 2.
Baruchel worked with Crowe back in 2000 when he briefly appeared in the director's Almost Famous.
Baruchel is repped by CAA, Thruline and Jamie Feldman at Lichter Grossman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10