Jay-Z, Beyonce Hosting Obama Fundraiser at 40/40 Club in NYC
The music industry's most famous couple will host the president next Tuesday.
President Obama is getting a little bit of help from his friends.
Already relying on Hollywood to deliver bundles of cash for his re-election bid, the president will now be feted at an event in New York City by Jay-Z and Beyonce, two long-time supporters and pals of the Obama family. The event, to be held next Tuesday at the rapper's upper crust 40/40 club, tickets will cost $40,000, and, according to the New York Post be limited to 100 guests.
The campaign, in keeping with its emphasis on grassroots fundraising, is also offering small donation donors a chance to win a trip to New York to attend the event.
Jay-Z and Beyonce have a long history with the Obamas; she sang at the president's inauguration, as well as hosted a fundraising dinner for him in March. More recently, Obama sent a video message to Jay-Z's music festival in Philadelphia.
The coupling of celebrities and grassroots donors has worked wonders for Obama; this summer, a contest to win a trip to a fundraiser hosted by George Clooney helped skyrocket the haul to around $15 million.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR