Jay-Z Shares Rap About Newborn Daughter; Reveals Beyonce Miscarriage
The track, titled “Glory,” was posted to the rapper’s social website Life + Times on Monday, Jan. 9.
In a deeply personal rap posted on Monday, Jay-Z confirmed the birth of daughter Blue Ivy with wife, Beyonce Knowles.
“Glory” feat. B.I.C. (Blue Ivy Carter, perhaps?) surfaced on Jay’s Life + Times social website Monday, Jan. 9. In the rap, Jay spits that, “My greatest creation was you” and dedicates the track to “the most beautiful girl in the world.”
In the revealing song, Jay-Z recalls the night little Blue was conceived: “You was made in Paris and Momma woke up the next day and shot an album package.” He also shares the painful memories of a miscarriage.
“Last time all the pain/The miscarriage was so tragic/We was afraid you’d disappear/But nah baby you magic,” he rhymes.
“You’re the child of my destiny,” Jay continues, referencing Beyonce’s early days as a founding member of the girl-group Destiny’s Child. “You’re my child of a child from Destiny’s Child/That’s a hell of a recipe.”
Throughout the track, a baby’s coos – likely Blue’s -- can be heard in the background. The song ends with simple audio of her cries. The chorus: “The most amazing feeling I feel/Words can’t describe what I’m feeling for real/Maybe I paint the sky blue/My greatest creation was you. You. Glory.” To listen to the track in its entirety, click here.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!