Jay-Z Signs on as Duracell Spokesperson, Investment Partner
The company made the announcement at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Jan. 10.
New dad Jay-Z has signed a multi-year global agreement with Duracell as an investment partner, and will also be the face and voice of the Duracell Powermat JV, the company announced on Tuesday, Jan. 10.
"I believe in the future of wireless energy and I believe that Duracell Powermat is the company to bring on the revolution," the rapper said in a statement. "I'm partnering with Duracell Powermat because they're providing the solutions for the future."
"The Duracell Powermat joint venture merges Procter &Gamble's core expertise in consumer understanding, brand-building and go-to-market capability with Powermat's technological innovation and ability to create a best-in-class wireless charging experience," said Stassi Anastassov, President Duracell, P&G, in the statement. "When we thought about bringing together representatives from best-in-class categories, Jay-Z was the natural choice to be the new face and voice of Duracell Powermat."
"Jay-Z is power personified. He inspires millions of people all over the world on a daily basis with his music and his story," said Ran Poliakine, CEO of Powermat Technologies. "There is no better face or voice that can move people to adopt a new paradigm in power delivery."
The company will be presenting its new line of wireless charging products at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas this week.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)