Jay-Z, Kanye West Announce Trimmed Tour Dates
Presale tickets for the rappers' 'Watch the Throne' tour went on sale Tuesday.
Fans for Jay-Z and Kanye West got access to pre-sale tickets for the duo's Watch the Throne tour Tuesday.
But, they may have been surprised to see fewer dates on the schedule.
Last week reps for the rappers announced that they were pulling the original schedule to add more dates in certain cities, and that tickets would go on sale August 2, a full week later than expected, as a result of the revamp.
However, LiveNation's presale tickets became available today and the tour has been scaled back from 24 stops to 17 (with a promise of more dates to come). It will also begin a full month later than originally announced, on October 29 in Atlanta, GA (instead of September 22 in Detroit, MI).
Rumors of internal issues between West and mentor Jay-Z have been circulating, but BET reports that Hova made a surprise appearance on New York radio station Hot 97 yesterday to deny a rift, saying "Kanye's my brother."
But, he did admit to some tension. "Yes we get on each other's nerves. That's part of pushing each other. ... People don't like to be pushed. It's annoying. ... So of course there are times when we're in the studio, we're yelling, but that's about it."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR