Jay-Z Rides NYC Subway to Final Show at Barclays Center (Video)
The Bed-Stuy native hopped on the downtown R train before meeting up with wife Beyonce at the new Brooklyn arena.
Just another day commuting to work for Jay-Z. Celebrities: They're just like us!
The Bed-Stuy native surprised city train-riders Saturday night when he was spotted entering the Canal Street station around 6 pm. Flanked by plainclothes police officers and his own security team, Hova hopped on the downtown R train and headed toward the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn for his final concert after an 8-day, sold out run.
Wife Beyonce, who joined him on stage in a surprise appearance halfway through the show, apparently decided to meet him there instead of riding with him. But Barclays developer Bruce Ratner rode after him.
Subway riders were taken aback by the sight of the multi-millionaire part-owner of the Brooklyn Nets, who begin playing at the Park Slope arena this month. Fans took to Twitter and Instagram with cellphone pics of the megastar waiting on the platform and later on the R train. Jay, however, acted nonchalant, and even chatted up an older woman who he happened to sit next to. For the record, she seemed happy to chat up her unexpected neighbor.
According to the NY Daily News, it seems as if MTA didn't force Jay to foot the usual $2.75 fare.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'