Jay Z's Roc Nation Signs Yankees Pitcher CC Sabathia
He joins former teammate Robinson Cano, fellow New York athlete Geno Smith and NBA star Kevin Durant as clients of the burgeoning sports agency.
Jay Z's sports agency says it has signed New York Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia to join former teammate Robinson Cano in its emerging client base.
Roc Nation Sports says the 33-year-old left-hander agreed to a representation deal Thursday. The ace had been represented by Legacy Agency's group, which includes Brian Peters, Greg Genske and Scott Parker.
Sabathia is signed through 2016 at salaries of $23 million in each of the next two seasons and $25 million in 2016. The Yankees hold a $25 million option for 2017 with a $5 million buyout.
He was 14-13 last year with a career-worst 4.78 ERA.
Cano left Scott Boras last year for the new agency and agreed to a $240 million, 10-year deal with Seattle.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR