Weinstein Co. Debuts Poster for J.D. Salinger Documentary (Exclusive)
Director Shane Salerno's doc has been scheduled for theatrical release on Sept. 6.
The first look at Salinger is of a well-worn book cover.
The Weinstein Co. recently acquired worldwide distribution rights to director Shane Salerno's forthcoming J.D. Salinger documentary.
The poster below, exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, could be seen as a tribute to the minimalist covers that have graced various editions of Franny and Zooey, Nine Stories and The Catcher in the Rye through the years.
Salerno, who penned the screenplay for Savages, has maintained that an intimate portrait of the famously private literary icon will be depicted.
He is also co-authoring a biography with David Shields, titled The Private War of J.D. Salinger, which will hit shelves in September. Salerno told THR in February that he was able to get "over the wall" during the years-long interview process.
The doc will feature interviews with -- among others -- authors John Guare, Tom Wolfe, E.L. Doctorow and Gore Vidal, as well as actors Phillip Seymour Hoffman, John Cusack and Martin Sheen.
The Weinstein Co. has scheduled a theatrical release for the doc on Sept. 6. PBS, which holds television rights, plans to show Salinger as part of the American Masters series in January 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing