Jean-Claude Van Damme Joins 'Pound of Flesh'
The action thriller from director Ernie Barbarash will shoot on location in China in March 2014.
TORONTO - Jean-Claude Van Damme is to play the lead in Pound of Flesh, a Canadian indie from action director Ernie Barbarash (6 Bullets, Assassination Games) and veteran fight choreographer John Salvitti.
The film, to shoot in March 2014 on location in China, will see Van Damme portray a man who rescues a woman in distress one night, only to wake up the next morning in a blood-soaked hotel bathtub without a kidney.
Joshua James wrote the script for Pound of Flesh, a co-production from Ace Studio and Odyssey Media.
"I’m looking forward to sinking my teeth into Pound of Flesh because it’s exactly the kind of character-driven action thriller I and my fans love best -- a movie that delivers nonstop hardcore action that’s fueled by a really surprising story and real people you care about from the moment you meet them on screen," said Van Damme in a statement.
Automatic Entertainment is handling international sales.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!