Jean-Claude Van Damme Joins 'Pound of Flesh'
The action thriller from director Ernie Barbarash will shoot on location in China in March 2014.
TORONTO - Jean-Claude Van Damme is to play the lead in Pound of Flesh, a Canadian indie from action director Ernie Barbarash (6 Bullets, Assassination Games) and veteran fight choreographer John Salvitti.
The film, to shoot in March 2014 on location in China, will see Van Damme portray a man who rescues a woman in distress one night, only to wake up the next morning in a blood-soaked hotel bathtub without a kidney.
Joshua James wrote the script for Pound of Flesh, a co-production from Ace Studio and Odyssey Media.
"I’m looking forward to sinking my teeth into Pound of Flesh because it’s exactly the kind of character-driven action thriller I and my fans love best -- a movie that delivers nonstop hardcore action that’s fueled by a really surprising story and real people you care about from the moment you meet them on screen," said Van Damme in a statement.
Automatic Entertainment is handling international sales.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR