Thriller Series 'Jo' Starring Jean Reno Snapped Up by German Broadcaster
ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group will broadcast the Paris-set cop show, also starring Jill Hennessy.
German broadcaster ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group has taken German free-TV rights to Jo, the new Paris-set crime series starring French film star Jean Reno and Crossing Jordan's Jill Hennessy.
ProSieben sealed the deal with its own international sales arm, Red Arrow International, which is handling worldwide rights for the project and will be pushing it out to buyers at next month's MIPCOM television trade fest.
Produced by Atlantique Productions, whose credits include Tom Fontana's Borgia and the upcoming action series Transporter, Jo features Reno as Jo St-Clair, a veteran Parisian murder detective working for the elite Criminal Brigade and tasked with the city's most challenging cases.
British actor Tom Austen (The Borgias) and newcomer Heida Reed (One Day) also star.
Emmy-winning producer Rene Balcer (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) created Jo and serves as the series' showrunner and executive producer.
Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva are co-creators and co-producers. Altantique Productions CEO Klaus Zimmermann
is the series producer for the first 8x1 hour season of Jo.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David