Thriller Series 'Jo' Starring Jean Reno Snapped Up by German Broadcaster
ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group will broadcast the Paris-set cop show, also starring Jill Hennessy.
German broadcaster ProSiebenSat.1 Media Group has taken German free-TV rights to Jo, the new Paris-set crime series starring French film star Jean Reno and Crossing Jordan's Jill Hennessy.
ProSieben sealed the deal with its own international sales arm, Red Arrow International, which is handling worldwide rights for the project and will be pushing it out to buyers at next month's MIPCOM television trade fest.
Produced by Atlantique Productions, whose credits include Tom Fontana's Borgia and the upcoming action series Transporter, Jo features Reno as Jo St-Clair, a veteran Parisian murder detective working for the elite Criminal Brigade and tasked with the city's most challenging cases.
British actor Tom Austen (The Borgias) and newcomer Heida Reed (One Day) also star.
Emmy-winning producer Rene Balcer (Law & Order: Criminal Intent) created Jo and serves as the series' showrunner and executive producer.
Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva are co-creators and co-producers. Altantique Productions CEO Klaus Zimmermann
is the series producer for the first 8x1 hour season of Jo.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR