Jeff Bezos Airlifted From Galapagos Islands by Ecuadorian Navy
UPDATED: "'Galapagos: five stars. Kidney stones: zero stars,'" the Amazon founder stated via a company spokesperson.
Bezos was evacuated and then flown back to the United States, ABC said. He was reportedly on vacation at the time of the incident, which occurred on New Year's Day.
When asked for comment, an Amazon spokesperson responded to THR: "I sent this inquiry to Jeff and here's what he sent back: 'Galapagos: five stars. Kidney stones: zero stars.'"
With regard to Bezos' current health, the rep stated: "He got a good outcome. No surgery was required, and he's feeling well."
Bezos, who officially acquired The Washington Post for $250 million in October, has a net worth of over $35 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!