Jeff Bezos Airlifted From Galapagos Islands by Ecuadorian Navy
UPDATED: "'Galapagos: five stars. Kidney stones: zero stars,'" the Amazon founder stated via a company spokesperson.
Bezos was evacuated and then flown back to the United States, ABC said. He was reportedly on vacation at the time of the incident, which occurred on New Year's Day.
When asked for comment, an Amazon spokesperson responded to THR: "I sent this inquiry to Jeff and here's what he sent back: 'Galapagos: five stars. Kidney stones: zero stars.'"
With regard to Bezos' current health, the rep stated: "He got a good outcome. No surgery was required, and he's feeling well."
Bezos, who officially acquired The Washington Post for $250 million in October, has a net worth of over $35 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche