Jeff Bridges Releasing Solo Album; Sets Concert Dates
The self-titled disc is the major label debut from the "True Grit" and "Crazy Heart" actor.
Jeff Bridges' self-titled major label record debut will be released on August 16. The album is being produced by the actor's Crazy Heart collaborator, T-Bone Burnett, and is on the Blue Note label.
Jeff Bridges features the actor's own compositions as well as tunes from songwriters including Stephen Bruton, John Goodwin, Greg Brown and Bo Ramsay. Rosanne Cash, Ryan Bingham, Sam Phillips and Benji Hughes are among the guest vocalists on the project, which was recorded in Los Angeles and Brookyn.
Burnett and Bingham won a best original song Oscar for "The Weary Kind" from the Crazy Heart soundtrack.
Bridges will perform songs from the album and other material during a few dates this summer: July 3 at the Arizona Biltmore's Hollywood & Wine festival and Sept. 1 and 2 at the Fallsview Casino Resort in Niagra Falls, Canada.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!