Jeff Bridges Releasing Solo Album; Sets Concert Dates
The self-titled disc is the major label debut from the "True Grit" and "Crazy Heart" actor.
Jeff Bridges' self-titled major label record debut will be released on August 16. The album is being produced by the actor's Crazy Heart collaborator, T-Bone Burnett, and is on the Blue Note label.
Jeff Bridges features the actor's own compositions as well as tunes from songwriters including Stephen Bruton, John Goodwin, Greg Brown and Bo Ramsay. Rosanne Cash, Ryan Bingham, Sam Phillips and Benji Hughes are among the guest vocalists on the project, which was recorded in Los Angeles and Brookyn.
Burnett and Bingham won a best original song Oscar for "The Weary Kind" from the Crazy Heart soundtrack.
Bridges will perform songs from the album and other material during a few dates this summer: July 3 at the Arizona Biltmore's Hollywood & Wine festival and Sept. 1 and 2 at the Fallsview Casino Resort in Niagra Falls, Canada.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws