Jeff Bridges Releasing Solo Album; Sets Concert Dates
The self-titled disc is the major label debut from the "True Grit" and "Crazy Heart" actor.
Jeff Bridges' self-titled major label record debut will be released on August 16. The album is being produced by the actor's Crazy Heart collaborator, T-Bone Burnett, and is on the Blue Note label.
Jeff Bridges features the actor's own compositions as well as tunes from songwriters including Stephen Bruton, John Goodwin, Greg Brown and Bo Ramsay. Rosanne Cash, Ryan Bingham, Sam Phillips and Benji Hughes are among the guest vocalists on the project, which was recorded in Los Angeles and Brookyn.
Burnett and Bingham won a best original song Oscar for "The Weary Kind" from the Crazy Heart soundtrack.
Bridges will perform songs from the album and other material during a few dates this summer: July 3 at the Arizona Biltmore's Hollywood & Wine festival and Sept. 1 and 2 at the Fallsview Casino Resort in Niagra Falls, Canada.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills